Links

Contact Us

Register
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password
Client's Daughter At Home While I Pet Sit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oregon Pet Sitters United Forum Index -> The Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphrodite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Client's Daughter At Home While I Pet Sit Reply with quote

I have a new client who has hired me to take care of her dog and cat for three days.

The past two nights I have been there, the client's daughter has been at home while I am pet sitting. It makes me feel a little awkward to be there while she is, too. She is a very nice young lady, so it isn't a matter of her personality. It simply is the fact that it feel a little strange to be there taking care of the animals--I almost feel like my presence is a bit redundant--Especially since I have found that the dog will not eat unless the daughter is sitting right beside her.

I know this is an odd complaint, maybe not even a complaint, really, but just a discussion. I can't help feeling somewhat uncomfortable with the situation, since the idea of having a pet sitter come over is because no one else will be there to take care of the animal.

I know some pet sitters will not pet sit if someone else is also taking care of the animal, for liability reasons. The daughter, in this case. is taking care of the animals in the afternoon. I have heard from some sitters that in shared situations, they have been wrongly accused of negligence, when it was actually the other sitter who was at fault. But since there is no way to prove this, problems can arise.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oregon Pet Sitters United Forum Index -> The Client All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: