Links

Contact Us

Register
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password
Rude Clients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oregon Pet Sitters United Forum Index -> The Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphrodite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Rude Clients Reply with quote

I got a call yetserday from a woman inquiring about my prices. When I told her, she snapped, "I can take my dog to the kennel for less than that." I proceeded to tell her that the choice of pet care is up to the owner, but many people feel it is best for their pets to stay in their own homes--and I listed a few reasons why.

She hung up rudely.

Has anyone dealt with these type of people? How have you handled the situation?
OneHorseFarms

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are screening clients as much as they are screening you. Keep in mind the "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" philosophy and don't accept jobs from clients if you don't want to.

Regarding prices, as the service provider you can set whatever price you want, whether anyone is willing to pay that is another story but the pricing decision is yours.

Generally it should be in accordance with how many extras you provide over and above your competition but a good rule of them is: if you are overwhelmed with jobs, your prices are too low but if your client chooses your competition over you every single time then your prices may be too high for the market.

~ Jacqueline
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oregon Pet Sitters United Forum Index -> The Client All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: